Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Wichita Mountains pt.2

Our next stop was at Meers. About 11 miles west of Apache, we stopped to look at the Blue Canyon Wind Farm. This had been built since the last time I was down that way. There are 45 towers powering 20,000 homes. You can also see the farm from the top of Mount Scott looking North. I don't know how I feel about the impact on the landscape, but I do like having digital cameras and the Internet and so forth so I guess it is a trade off. You don't get nothin' for free.


This is the barn at the intersection of State Highway 58 and Porter Hill Road, the road leading to Meers from the highway. There is also a shot of Mount Scott to the right of the barn.


Here is a panoramic view of the Wichita Mountains about half way down Porter Hill Road. I stitched this from 3 shots in Windows Live Photo Gallery. There is also a close up of Mount Sheridan.



Finally, here is Meers, home of the best hamburger in Oklahoma. I ate a Meersburger and Onion Rings. These Meersburgers are 7 inches in diameter and made from fresh ground Oklahoma Longhorn cattle. Man are they good. They are so big they are cut into 4 pieces. I always stop off and eat here when I can. For more information on Meers visit http://www.meersstore.com/.


No comments:

Post a Comment